A portion of my massage practice is dedicated to clients recovering from injury, experiencing chronic illness, cognitive impairment, dementia, the effects of aging and living with a disability.
I work with my clients to create a session that addresses the pain, loss of function and isolation that can accompany illness or injury. Massage offers a gentle touch during a time that may involve invasive protocols and procedures. My massage work also recognizes and responds to what is unique and vital to the individual and not only what illness or loss of function has manifested.
I have worked with clients experiencing:
- Cognitive Impairment
- Dementia with Lewy Bodies
- Frontotemporal Dementia
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson's Disease
- Recovery from Surgery for Orthopedic, Cardiac and Medical Conditions
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
Massage may help to:
- Provide relief from chronic pain
- Provide connection for the client
- Improve mobility
- Reduce isolation as a result of illness
- Give support for caregiver
- Reduce stress
- Offer a therapeutic, non-invasive approach to counteract the effects of invasive, uncomfortable procedures and protocols
I often provide massage therapy to caregivers and family members to help alleviate their emotional and physical strain. I have worked with many clients and families through terminal illness, hospice and end of life.
In addition to my office location, I am available to work in private homes, hospitals, care communities and independent living residences.